The Research Chair of Health Informatics and Promotion and in collaboration with Telepsychology in Italy are launching Introduction to Biomedical informatics and AI in healthcare course.
The proposed learning and training modules intended to help the participants get the essential knowledge and skills of the Biomedical informatics and familiarity to AI field and its modern techniques and applications in medicine and healthcare.
- Intended to equip the participants with the basic knowledge of biomedical informatics and AI and its applications in healthcare.
- Focuses on the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence in the healthcare field/industry.
- Localized contents and themes by local and international Medical Informatics and Artificial Intelligence experts.
- The course will be held as online recorded video/presentation posted on an independent learning management system with a quiz at the module.
- Participants will have the flexibility to attend and listen to lecture online and complete quiz online
- Tutorials and assignments/exercises will be posted at the end of each module as applicable. It should be completed/solved by participants to help augment the theoretical part and to enable self- progress evaluation.
- This course is a mandatory course to anyone interested to enter the health informatics and AI certificate.
Courses are mainly taught via distance learning and apply the following learning approaches:
- Examples from industry
- Life demos
- Literature and publications
In addition to the following teaching modalities:
- Voice-over-PowerPoint lectures – The key material is delivered using the Flash plug-in, which is freely available and already installed in almost all Web browsers.
- Interactive threaded discussion – Students engage in discussion on important issues using the on-line bulletin board.
- Reading assignments – The course provides readings in the form of documents, reports, and papers from the field.
- Homework/quizzes – is accompanied by a 10-question multiple-choice self-assessment that aims to have the student apply the knowledge from the Module.
- Classroom-based tutorials are given in Saudi Arabia and are intended to give participants an opportunity to have face-to-face reviews of the Course at various stages.