The Research Chair of Health Informatics and Promotion in collaboration with Telepsychology in Italy is launching a certificate of Essentials of Health Informatics starting 21 July 2023 for 10 weeks. The first week of the course will be an orientation to the course.
- It is a broad based introduction course in the field of Health Informatics
- To increase the Biomedical and Health informatics workforce in Saudi Arabia & Middle East
- Focus on the fundamentals of Health Informatics including Clinical Data, Electronic Health Record, Decision Support Systems, Consumer Health Informatics, Ethical and Privacy Issues, Computerized Physician order entry, e-health technologies, Public Health Informatics
- Localized contents and themes by local Health Informatics experts
- The course will be online using independent learning management system with weekly quiz at the end of each topic. Participants will have the flexibility to listen to lecture online and complete quiz online
- Mini project on the use Health Informatics at workplace with assigned supervisor(optional)
- Certificate of will be awarded based on the completed modules and a full certificate of completion will be given to those who complete all modules and mini project
Essentials of Health Informatics Certificate Modules:
- Module 1 – Overview of the Health Informatics Field
- Module 2 – Healthcare system in Saudi Arabia challenge and Benefits
- Module 3 – Electronic Medical and Personal Health Records (EHR, PHR)
- Module 4 – Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- Module 5 – Public Health Informatics
- Module 6 – Patient Centered Design in Health Informatics
- Module 7 – Social Media use for consumers in healthcare
- Module 8 – Trending e-Health Technologies
- Module 9 – Health Information and communication technologies for hospitals and primary care
- Module 10 – Research focus in health informatics and Saudi Arabia
- Module 11 – Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS)
- Module 12 – Artificial intelligence and Machine learning in healthcare
- Module 13 – Ethical, Privacy and Confidentiality in Medical Informatics
Essentials of Health Informatics Certificate Coordination: The course is taught via distance learning and uses the following teaching modalities:
- Voice-over-PowerPoint lectures – The key material is delivered using the Flash plug-in, which is freely available and already installed in almost all Web browsers.
- Interactive threaded discussion – Students engage in discussion on important issues using the on-line bulletin board.
- Reading assignments – The course provides readings in the form of documents, reports, and papers from the field.
- Homework/quizzes – Each week’s topic(s) is accompanied by a 10-question multiple-choice self-assessment that aims to have the student apply the knowledge from the Module.
- Classroom-based tutorials are given in Saudi Arabia and are intended to give participants an opportunity to have face-to-face reviews of the Course at various stages.
Course will start from 21 July, 2023 and will end on September 2023.
|Early bird (before 15 July 2023)||Regular (After 15 July 2023)|
|Intern Student||3600 SAR||4300 SAR|
|Postgraduate||4600 SAR||5200 SAR|
|Professional||4900 SAR||5500 SAR|